At Overton Recycling, we take our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) extremely seriously. We believe it’s important for us to be accountable for the impact our activities have on society and/or the environment. CSR initiatives include:
- Working together with NOMS (National Offender Management Service), an executive agency of the Ministry of Justice, to provide employment opportunities to ex-offenders.
- Providing both manual and administrative employment opportunities to the long term unemployed within the region.
- Training shift managers to IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety & Health) level with responsibility for reviewing safety issues within their own departments
as well as reviewing and implementing, new and alternative safety measures as necessary.
- Investing £180,000 in training, ensuring all full time staff gain NVQ level 2 in either Operations, Warehousing and Storage or Team Leading.
- Funding all shift foremen to achieve WAMITAB ( Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board), NVQ level 2.
- Encouraging the reuse of electrical items in place of recycling via Smart Seconds, our independent online reuse operation, also introduced to help reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing new articles.
- Introducing a 5S project. Originally developed in Japan, a 5S (sort, set, shine, standardise, sustain) project is designed to ensure a workplace is clean and well organised, ensuring safe, efficient and quality work.